...

7/23/13

Pieces of Summer

Sunflower
Sunflowers
Sunflower

Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a lovely week. A few days ago I took these photos of the sunflowers growing in my garden, and I have been meaning to share them with you ever since. They are gigantic! The tallest ones reached the roof of the house. I was totally blown away. As they were growing they made me think of Jack and the Beanstalk. I thought maybe I had been giving magic beans as they kept growing and growing (lol). But no magic beans, just sunflowers. 
I think sunflowers are such happy flowers, don't you agree?

Also, if yo have not entered my giveway you sitll have time. It closes this Friday.

XX

Martha
 

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite flowers - beautiful images :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos Martha I love sunflowers and yours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so bright and colourful - thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I am a flower-lover living in an garden-less apartment, so I do appreciate your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos Martha and such WOW colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! beautiful photos. I've neer grown sunflowers... not sure how well they'd do in my zone, but maybe, just maybe I'll have to try them next summer - you're photos are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. Sunflowers are very easy to grow. You can plant them directly on the ground or in containers. They just need to be in a sunny location.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!