...

5/12/13

Improv Table Runner

Improv Piecing Table Runner

DSC_0829

Improv Piecing Table Runner

DSC_0888

Mini


I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a lovely Mother's Day. My celebration was a bit bittersweet. Days like this is when I miss my mom the most. But I'm grateful I still have my mother-in-law and my four legged babies really made my Mother's Day special. They gave me lots of dogie kisses, tail wags and silly faces. And instead of getting sad I tried to keep my mind busy with some sewing projects. I practiced some improv piecing; I love the look of improv quilts, but I don't know why it is more difficult for me to create a random design than a pattern. Probably it is the way mind works. Anyway, I gave it a try and crated a table runner to give to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I'm really happy with they way it turned out. And she said she loved it. Right after she unwrapped it she put it on her dinning table and kept showing it off to everyone :) 

XX
Martha

16 comments:

  1. You can't ask for a better response than that Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't ask for a better response than that Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this runner!! Sounds like your MiL did too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this table runner!! The backing is perfection. Your poochies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do really like your table runner. I love the backing fabric. It is harder for me to do improv sewing than when I have a plan. Love your doogies - they are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Table runner is so cute, it is so simple, yet elegant at the same time. It is lovely to give someone a gift that they love too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you Martha but I knew your babies would be giving you lots of doggie kisses. It's the best response when a present is immediately put to use and shown off to others, I think it's safe to assume your MIL loved it and I'm not surprised it's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table runner.
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful - I'm so glad she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the table runner almost as much as I love the pug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity and clean lines. Totally what I need to make for the coffee table. Glad she liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful runner - really love the fabrics you have used too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!