...

4/29/13

Crafty Cooks Apron Swap

Scalloped Apron

Scalloped Apron - Crafty Cook's Apron and Recipe Swap

Scalloped Apron - Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap

Pot Holder


I entered the Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap over on Flickr. It is such a lovely swap organized by Fiona from Celtic Thistle Stitches and Sam from Cup of Tea and a Slice of Cake. I have been crazy busy and I finished it the apron just in time for mailing deadline. I hope my partner likes it. She requested something in pinks and greens. The pattern I used for the apron was from the book Sew, So Cute. I found the book at my local Joan's on clearance right at the time I was trying to figure out how to make the apron for my partner. Don't you love when things just work out? The pattern for this apron presented a great challenge for me; I had never pieced curves before. Honestly, I didn't think I could do it. But after reading the instructions a few times, I did it! (and it turns out curves are not so scary anymore). I really like the way the apron turned out. To go with the apron I also made a potholder as a little extra for my partner. They are now on their way to their new home. I really hope she likes it.

I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Martha

12 comments:

  1. Nice curves!! Anyone would love to receive this apron. Thanks for sharing you lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty and absolutely beautifully made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! My hubby would probably laugh out loud if I wore somthing so frilly, but a girl is allowed to dream;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!! Perfect curves first time out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this apron. Your fabric choices are such fun! Great job on the curves - they really add to the whimsical appeal of the fabric - lucky, lucky partner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Martha, what a happy coincidence on finding the book too. Serendipity indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, alas you can't be my partner as I didn't request pink and green for my colours! whoever your partner is she is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the apron Martha, your fabric choices are beautiful and the fuzzy cutting on the pot holder is perfect. I wish I was your partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Martha,, Thankyou so much Tessa adores it, as do I!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you guys liked it. It was so much fun making it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!