...

12/4/12

Paper Piecing {Pattern Review}


This past weekend I tried paper piecing for the first time. Ever since I started sewing I had been intrigued by paper piecing. I admire so much the beautiful and intricate designs that people are able to create using the method, but I had been so intimidated to try it..; Well this Sunday it all changed. Diane @ From Blank Pages was so kind to send me a pattern she designed to test. The pattern is called Illusion. I couldn't be more surprised at how easy it all came together to create this beautiful block. I think Diane is a very talented pattern designer. The instructions on the pattern were so clear and easy to understand and it even came with instructions and templates on how to cut the fabric including seam allowance! I thought that was perfect, specially for a newbie like me. Of course, I couldn't had done it without first reading Diane's  Paper Piecing Tutorial
Now the question is: what to do with my beautiful block?  Any suggestions.

Martha.

8 comments:

  1. It is lovely Martha I can't believe it was your first ever attempt at paper-piecing! You will find it addictive now.

    It would make a lovely centre for a Spring table runner or wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha it looks wonderful!! I tested the block too and was also a first timer and like you, was so excited with my newfound skill thanks to Diane's awesome pattern! I think your block would make a wonderful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block - maybe you could make it into a pillow or mini quilt by adding borders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for paper piecing. I really need to get to mine - I am happy to hear that you found it easy to manage, this inspires me to get going with it already!!! How about adding some funky borders and making a mini to hang?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty block, Martha and love the color combo you've used here. A pillow or table runner, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should use it as wall art or make a pillow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty block... wall art is a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! :) I just want to let you know, I’m starting a new event on my blog, a Share your Projects Monthly Drawing event. Basically you link up any blog post or Flickr photos of projects using my patterns. I wanted to link up your posts, if you don’t mind. :) You’ll automatically be entered for the monthly drawing to win some fun prizes. :) You can read more about it here: http://fromblankpages.blogspot.com/2014/01/share-your-projects-event.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!