...

7/8/12

Summer Bag and W.I.P.


I was in need of a new summer bag. A roomy catch all bag with a care free feeling. Today I finished my new summer bag. I got the pattern from the great book: Bags, the modern classics. The patterns in this book are easy to follow and this one was no exception. The book recommends using fusible interfacing for the exterior layer of the bag. I chose to skip the interfacing since the outer fabric I used on my bag is a heavy cotton (canvas like), so I think the fabric has enough body on its own.


I already transferred all of my stuff to my new bag. I want to wear it to work tomorrow.


I also started a new project... I bought this yummy fabrics at my local fabric store. It is meant to be a present for my goddaughter.


I got the planning of the fabric placement done and began cutting the fabric. I will show you more details as the project begins to take more form.  Stay tuned...

Martha.

8 comments:

  1. I have that book too, and I love the patterns in there. In fact, I was just thinking this weekend about trying another one. Your bag looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. It is such a wonderful book. Have fun making your bag.

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric you've used for the bag Martha and it suits it's just great. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for your goddaughter too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crissie. And to think the fabric was a bargain at my local Joan's store. I bought it on clearance on a day their red tags were 50% off.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking bag and yummy fabrics, can't wait to see what you are doing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that ice cream cone fabric? Love it! And I really like the bag too - looks like a great size. You take fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your bag - it looks very useful and it really does look roomy and catch all! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your fabric - lovely sunny colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that roomy bag! Looking forward to seeing the progress on your latest project. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!