...

7/30/12

Peach-Raspberry Jam


Lately I have been experimenting with canning and preserving food. I have tried the water bath canning method with great success. But the process can be time consuming... and I do still find it a bit daunting. Then, I discovered freezer jam. It is so easy and much faster than the traditional canning  method since the jars go into the freezer all the processing time is eliminated.
This is my go to recipe for freezer jam; it can be easily adapted for other fruits and so far it has given me excellent results every time I make it.



Peach-Raspberry Jam

Ingredients
4 cups peeled and crushed peaches
1 cup raspberries
1/3 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup low or no-sugar pectin
Freezer safe jars* (plastic or glass) thoroughly rinsed and dry.

* I like to use my mason Ball Jars with these Lids

Method:
1. In a pot over medium-high heat combine the peaches, raspberries and lemon juice and bring to boil.
2. In a bowl combine sugar and pectin ans whisk to combine. Add sugar mixture to fruit and stir to combine. Allow to return to boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
3. Fill jars leaving 1/2 inch of head space. Put lids on the jars and let jam cool and set at room temperature for about 3 hours. Label jars and store in the freezer.

-Jam can be stored for up to a year in the freezer. When ready to use thaw in the refrigerator overnight.

Enjoy!

Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!