...

5/29/12

Roasted Corn Salad


So Memorial Day weekend is over... I spent the weekend at home with my husband trying to relax and not doing much. Although, on Saturday we took Mini and Mona to the vet and it was a bit crazy, but I will tell you about it on a later post. For now I want to tell you about this amazing roasted corn salad I made yesterday. I was not planning on grilling anything this weekend, but what is Memorial Day without outdoor cooking? Of course, the most important thing is to remember the men and women who had died serving our country. But, on a lighter note,  it also marks the start of summer and  outdoor parties. 


Roasted Corn Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 cups grilled corn (from about 2 ears)
1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 spring onions (scallions) finely chopped
1 medium avocado diced
2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
1 Serrano or jalapeno pepper finely chopped (optional)*
2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
Salt

Method:
In a medium bowl mix together corn, tomatoes, onions, avocado, cilantro and pepper (if using). Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt to taste.

*Remove seeds from pepper for a milder flavor.

Enjoy!

Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!