...

4/28/12

Almond Butter Cookies


Lately, I have been a bit absent from the kitchen. The meals have been simple and with not much cooking required. All week I have wanted to bake something, but I was out of luck. Friday finally came and as soon as got into the kitchen I began gathering all the ingredients to make some cookies... I made almond butter cookies adapted from the classic peanut butter cookies. I love how they turned out: these cookies are nutty, crispy, crumbly, and very addictive. I just made them yesterday and the are almost gone! I might have to make another batch today.


Almond Butter Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living Magazine, June 1998
Makes about 14 cookies

Ingredients:

6 Tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark-brown sugar, tightly packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda


Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). In a small bowl sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the almond butter, butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and almond extract and continue to mix until well combined. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.

3. Form cookies using about 3 tablespoons of dough per each or use an ice-cream scoop; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches (4 cm) apart. Using your fingers flatten the dough. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.


4. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them. I love hearing from you!